Layout

Tuesday 16 August 2016

Flip Flap Foto Folio

This is a project I've been planning to do for a while now and I've reached the stage where I can start to add photos.  Its a photo folio made following an online workshop by Dawn Macfie from Dawns Inspirations

I've made it for my 92 year old father who has been taking a trip down memory lane recently with a visit to the village where he lived as a small child.  I'm including photos of our visit and some historical ones I found on the internet.  He has dexterity problems so I am hoping he will find the folio easy to look at.

I used craft card for the base of the book and covered with patterned papers with a nature theme from Be Creative which I found at the last craft show I went to.

So here we have the front page which I've decoupaged and used Pewter gilding wax on the leaves and flower on the top right hand side.  Its fairly muted colours so not too easy to see.


The folio opens ;up inside into a number of areas for adding photographs as you can see from the pictures below.  This is the center with pockets for photo mats on one side and waterfall mats on the other.

I hope you can get an idea of the folio from these pictures.

Thanks for looking your comments will be very welcome;

I am entering this into the following blog challenge:
Crafty Boots - Anything but a card

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous project and a wonderful gift for your father. The papers you have used look gorgeous and I love the design. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boot Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning Stephanie and I am so glad you enjoyed the Online Workshop. This is going to be truly treasured and I am sure your father with love it. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful album, love the soft colours. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments they are very welcome feedback.