Layout

Sunday 13 July 2014

Handbags and flowers

I made this card for my daughter for her birthday recently.  It took me ages to get started with this as I couldn't decide on the colour scheme or design and had to rush to finish it in time but I'm pleased with the end result.  The handbag stamp and sentiment stamp are both by Lili of the Valley. The main image has been stamped onto a spellbinder die cut from white card and coloured with Promarkers and Mica Powders using a water brush, unfortunately you can't see the shine in the photo it looks better in real life. I edged the topper with some Adirondack Peach Belini. I cut a second spellbinder die in in a shiny teal coloured card and slightly off set it behind the topper to give a shadow effect, and used the same card to back the sentiment.  The background is centura pearl card embossed with white snow Wow Embossing powder and the border is embossed with Teal Wow Embossing powder. Finally it has been matted onto some teal card with white dots. I finished off the card by making some flowers and foliage cut with dies ad coloured with promarkers.



I am entering this card for the following challenges

Lili of the Valley - Use 2 LOTV stamps
Ladybug Blog Challenge - Summer Flowers
Crafting from The Heart - Anything Goes
Fussy and Fancy Blog Challenge - Its all about the girls
Crafty Girls Blog Challenge - Anything Goes


2 comments:

  1. beautiful card, love the colors
    thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really pretty card, thanks for joining us at Ladybug crafts this month, xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments they are very welcome feedback.