Layout

Thursday 15 August 2013

Cats on the prowl

I spent an enjoyable few days playing with gilding flakes recently.  I've had a number of pots for quite a while and never really got to grips with using them so I set myself up on the dining room table and tried out various ideas some of which worked and some didn't work so well but how do you know until you try?  For this card I created a background using the Clarity Stamp small sprig stamp (one of the stamps I got with my prize money) glue and gilding flakes and I'm quite pleased with end result which I then matted onto black card.  I then stamped the Clarity Stamp wrought iron cat stamp onto black card using glue and gilding flakes again and some small gems for their eyes.  I cut out three individual cats and placed them onto the background card with pinflair so they are slightly raised.  The thank you Clarity club stamp is gold embossed onto a black background to finish off the card.  The overall effect is best seen with the light catching it to show the shine on the gilding flakes and I hope the photo does it justice.  I am entering this card for the August Clarity Stamp Challenge Animals theme.



5 comments:

  1. Steph, What a classy card love this. Good Luck in the Clarity Challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, a lovely card. Good luck in the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Stephanie, so elegant. Thanks for entering the challenge and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Nice! I do like how you've used the stamps and the gilding flakes! Very effective. Good luck in the challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Stephanie, thank you for entering and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments they are very welcome feedback.